There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, November 19, 2021

Broccoli, Walnut Pasta - Testing


1 - A very good first try. I felt there was too much lemon juice - I couldn't taste the cheese and it was too acidic for me. Ben noted the creaminess of the cheese, and also couldn't taste it, but didn't find there was too much lemon. Next time, I will use less lemon.

200g penne pasta
250g broccoli florets
2 tbsp olive oil
handful chopped walnuts
100g blue cheese , such as dolcelatte, cubed
1 1/2 lemon, juiced
  1. Cook penne; 4 mins before the end of cooking, throw in broccoli florets. 
  2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil, add a handful chopped walnuts and fry gently for 1 min.
  3. Drain the pasta, adding 4 Tbsps cooking water to the walnuts. 
  4. Return the pasta to the pan, add the walnuts and creamy blue cheese. Gently stir on the heat, just to melt the cheese. 
  5. Squeeze over lemon juice to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment