There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Untested - Chipits Noël Crisps

A family recipe that is also a popular commercial recipe! My family has starting divvying up expertise in what have become traditional Christmas desserts for our clan. This is from my sister, who uses maraschino cherries. I have candied cherries on hand, so I'll be using those.

1/2 tasse beurre
3/4 tasse sucre blanc
1 oeuf
1/2 c. à thé extrait d'amande
1 1/4 tasse farine
1/2 c. à thé baking powder
1/2 c. à thé sel
1 tasse semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 tasse coconut
3/4 tasse cerises maraschino coupés (or candied cherries) - try dried cranberries, maybe reconstituted in alcohol?
  1. Cream butter and sugar.  Beat in egg and almond extract.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl.  Stir creamed mixture into flour mixture.  Mix in chipits, coconutand cherries.  
  3. Wrap and put in the refrigerator to rest for one hour and up to 72 hours.
  4. Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  5. Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment