There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Spice Pairings

 There tend to be cultural norms in terms of herb and spice pairings for foods. I've started the following list of  potential substitutes to play with.

APPLES

1. ANISE
Sweet
2. CARAWAY
Savory
3. CARDAMOM
Sweet
4. CHINESE FIVE SPICE
Savory and sweet
5. CINNAMON
Sweet (enhancer)
6. CLOVES
Sweet
7. CORIANDER
Sweet and Savory
8. GINGER
Sweet
9. LAVENDER
Sweet
10. MINT
Sweet
11. NUTMEG
Sweet
12. ROSEMARY
Savory
13. SAGE
Savory (maybe sweet?)
14. VANILLA
Sweet
15. Poudre Douce
Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment