There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Chilli-spiced oven-baked potatoes - Untested


1 1/2 pounds petite red potatoes, washed and quartered
1 onion , finely chopped
1 garlic clove , finely chopped
1 1/2 tsps salt
1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4 Tbsps finely chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons olive oil

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non stick cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, add the olive oil, salt, chili powder, oregano, coriander, black pepper and cayenne. Toss together until potatoes, onions and garlic are fully coated with spices. Transfer to baking sheet.
  3. Be careful not to overcrowd the potatoes. They should have plenty of room to breathe. If they don't, divide them onto two baking sheets.
  4. Sprinkle potatoes with Parmesan cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip over the potatoes and bake for another 20 minutes, until crispy.
  5. Sprinkle potatoes with cilantro, more salt if desired and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment