There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

French Hot Chocolate Bowl - Untested


500ml milk 
1 piece of cinnamon bark
1 tsp vanilla essence 
1 Tbsp cocoa 
1 tsp sugar
1 pinch salt
100gr 70% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
  1. In a pot over med-high heat, add the milk, cinnamon bark and vanilla.
  2. Heat until it just comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and reduce to lowest setting. Allow to slowly cook for about 10 minutes or until the cinnamon infuses into the milk. 
  3. Remove the cinnamon bark.
  4. Add the cocoa and whisk in. If there are bits that won't incorporate, strain through a fine mesh filter and return the liquid to the heat.
  5. Add sugar and salt.
  6. Dump in 70% chocolate and stir constantly until the chocolate is completely melted and incorporated in the milk.
  7. You can serve immediately or cook on very low temperature for 5 - 10 minutes, depending on how thick you want it (the hot chocolate will continue to thicken the longer you cook it.)
  8. Serve with a bowl of sugar on the side if guests like it sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment