There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Mashed Squash - Testing

1 - Meh. I can't remember where this came from, but I found it far too sweet and the cinnamon was overpower. I thought to myself when I was putting it in: "that looks like too much cinnamon." But did I heed myself? NooOOoooOoo!!! I added the cayenne, but not enough, you couldn't taste or feel any heat. I would like to find a good mashed squash recipe, even though my dear one doesn't really like squash. I suppose that is my challenge; I've succeeded before in making things with ingredients he didn't think he liked, but can I do it again?!?

1-2 lbs turban squash
olive oil
2 Tbsps melted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch cayenne
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Preheat oven to 400'F, brush the inside of the squash with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  2. Place on a baking sheet for 45 minutes.
  3. When done remove the insides of the squash and place in a mixing bowl. Add the butter, nutmeg or cinnamon and brown sugar until smooth. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment