There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, June 10, 2022

Gâteau au fromage blanc - Testing


1 - There were a couple of factors. One is that I used a (f*$&@ing) fat-free yogurt to make my cheese. Oh, right, and I did not use 'fromage blanc' but yogurt cheese (strained yogurt). The other is that I used Arrowroot powder. Next time, I'll use full fat yogurt cheese, and I will use regular wheat flour. It may simply be that I have to add baking soda or powder but I'll try this first.

4 eggs
500g fromage blanc or yogurt cheese
100g sugar
90g flour OR Arrowroot powder OR Cornstarch
Zest from 1 lime or 1/2 lemon
OR
1 Tbsp vanilla
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
  2. In a large bowl combine the cheese and the sugar.
  3. Separate the eggs and mix the yolks in to the sweet cheese mixture. 
  4. Add the flour/powder to the bowl, then the lemon zest or vanilla. Set aside.
  5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently combine with the cheese mixture.
  6. Generously grease a spring form pan (20cm? 30cm?) and pour in the batter.
  7. Bake for 30 minutes, then allow to cool for 1 hour before taking it out of the mold.

No comments:

Post a Comment