There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Luganega Sausage - Testing


1 - I'm kind of cheating with this recipe since I only took the first one I found. Really, I would prefer to Frankenstein it. I've not made the first batch like I was supposed to so this is Untested and any conclusions are invalid.

1 Tablespoons, 1 Teaspoons (1/2 Cup) Dry White Wine
1 Each (6) Fresh Or Dried Bay Leaves
1 Each (6) Cloves Garlic, Peeled
1 Pounds (6 Pounds) Pork
3/4 Teaspoons (1 1/2 Tablespoons) Salt
1 Dashes (1 Teaspoon) Freshly Cracked Pepper
1 Dashes (1/2 Teaspoon) Ground Allspice
  1. Pour the wine over the bay leaves in a small bowl. Whack the garlic cloves with the side of a knife and toss them into the bowl. Let steep at room temperature for about 2 hours.
  2. Grind the pork directly into a bowl, using a disc with holes about 3/16 inch in diameter. 
  3. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and allspice over the meat. 
  4. Fish the garlic and bay leaves out of the wine, wrap them in cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel, and dunk the package in the wine. 
  5. Squeeze the cheesecloth package over the meat in the bowl. 
  6. Repeat until you have used up the remaining wine. The flavor of the garlic and bay leaves should permeate the meat. 
  7. Toss everything together thoroughly. 
  8. Cover the bowl and let rest in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment