There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, May 27, 2024

Quick Curried Cabbage - Test 1


1 - Rock and roll! This was good right out of the wicket. I made it to go with dahl makhani and rice.

500 grams green cabbage sliced
4 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp whole cumin seeds
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp salt (plus more, to taste)
1 Tbsp butter, oil, or ghee
 
  1. Slice the cabbage, mince the garlic, and set them aside.
  2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the oil
  3. Once the oil is hot, add the whole cumin seeds and stir for 30 seconds or until the kitchen starts to smell like toasted cumin seeds.
  4. Add the cabbage, garlic, and salt, and cook, while stirring, for 10-15 minutes. You want the mixture to be steaming rather than frying, so if the pan starts to look dry, add a splash of water. Keep the lid on in between stirring to help retain the moisture.
  5. Once the cabbage is tender, add the ground turmeric, and stir. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt if needed. If you like it spicy, you can also add some hot red pepper flakes or chili pepper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment