There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ginger Peanut Soup - Testing

This is a recipe from a café I worked at a long time ago!
1 - I have no idea when I last made this. It seems like adding tamari and lemon juice helps flavors pop. But how much?

4 to 6 servings

2 Tbsps. oil
1½ cups broccoli florets
1½ cups bean sprouts
1 onion, diced
1 Tbsp grated ginger root
3 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
3 cups veg stock
1 28 14oz can diced tomatoes
5 Tbsps. (75g) natural peanut butter
? tsps. Soy sauce
? tsps. lemon juice
  1. In a large soup pot heat the oil and sauté the broccoli, bean sprouts, onions, ginger, garlic, cayenne, salt and pepper until the onions are just tender.
  2. Add the stock, tomatoes and peanut butter.
  3. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to gentle simmer and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment