There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Testing - Herbed Hot Pasta

Tried this once with the cherry tomatoes and although the flavours were great, we felt that the skins of the tomatoes were too tough. Then tried it with very ripe tomatoes, chopped and it turned a bit gooey - good but not stellar. Maybe I could use briefly cooked roma tomatoes so that they hold their shape?
 

1 pound uncooked pasta
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 pints fresh cherry tomatoes
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup (about 3 ounces) chèvre cheese, crumbled

  1. Put pasta on to cook.
  2. Meanwhile, sauté  the tomatoes and garlic over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
  3. Add the chives and the thyme and sauté 1 minute more or until tomatoes are slightly charred and skins are just beginning to burst.
  4. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Briefly cook over high heat, about 1 minute.
  5. Drain the cooked pasta. Place in a large bowl and drizzle some more olive oil over it, then add the basil, oregano, salt and pepper; toss well to combine.
  6. Add tomato mixture and parsley to pasta; this time toss gently to avoid breaking the tomatoes. Sprinkle the crumbled chèvre on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment