There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, September 4, 2017

Testing - Snow Pea Something Pasta

https://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/herbed-sugar-snap-peas-with-goat-cheese

1 - It's recommended to serve cool, but what would it be like hot over noodles?

12 oz fresh sugar snap peas, stems and strings removed
1/8 cup plus 2 Tbsps olive oil
2 medium red shallots or 1 onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
Salt and pepper
8oz fresh tomatoes, cubed
3 to 5oz fresh goat cheese
7 oz chunky pasta

  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the peas and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. Set aside.
  2. In a large sauté pan, heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are limp but not brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup olive oil and heat for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and add the chopped tarragon and peas, stirring to coat the peas with the oil, shallots, and tarragon. Add plenty of salt and pepper. Let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
  3. Arrange the pea mixture, tomatoes, and cheese on a serving plate; garnish with additional tarragon. Do not mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment