There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, February 15, 2019

Testing Potato-crusted Chicken Quiche

This is a long-time recipe on La Mouffette Gourmande which I haven't made in a long time because I no longer buy chicken pieces, I only buy whole chickens until I can grow my own. Therefore, I am posting the link to this recipe here to test it using leftover whole chicken. I'm sure it'll be fine! And it'll be nice to return to an loved recipe.

https://lamouffettegourmande.blogspot.com/2010/12/simple-and-deceptively-delicious.html

2 potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
4 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1 Tbsp. unbleached flour
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. hot sauce
1 cup grated cheese
12 - 16 oz cooked chicken, diced
2 green onions, chopped

  1. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
  2. Bring a bot of water to boil, and blanch the potatoes; about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and allow them to cool.
  3. Whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, flour, pepper, and hot sauce. Stir in the cheese, the chicken, and the green onions.
  4. Butter a pie dish and arrange the slices in a single layer to cover the bottom and the sides of the dish.
  5. Pour the egg mixture into the potato bowl.
  6. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Allow it to cool at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving, otherwise it'll be too hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment