There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Published - Pan-roasted broccoli

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/pan-roasted-broccoli-with-garlic.html

1 - No need to alter the recipe - credit the source.
2 - I forgot to sprinkle over the garlic and it was still very tasty, with compliments.

1 bunch broccoli
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 Tbs. water
  1. Trim and peel the broccoli stems. Cut the florets into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces, and cut the stems on the bias 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick
  2. In a 10-inch (25-cm) French skillet or fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until just golden and fragrant, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a small bowl.
  3. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the broccoli and red pepper flakes, and season with salt and black pepper. Pour in the water. Cover and steam for about 3 minutes. Uncover, stir and continue to cook until the broccoli is lightly browned and crisp-tender and the water has evaporated, 1 to 2 minute more. Scatter the garlic on top and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment