There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, February 3, 2020

Simple Lamb Chops in Garlic Parsley Sauce - Untested

https://juliasalbum.com/lamb-loin-chops-garlic/
https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/lamb-chops-sizzled-garlic
https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-lamb-chops-266458

Eight 1" thick lamb loin chops (about 2 pounds), fatty tips trimmed
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Pinch of dried thyme
2 Tbsps butter
10 small garlic cloves, halved
3 Tbsps white wine
2 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsps minced parsley
Pinch of crushed red pepper

  1. Take the chops out of the refrigerator and allow to come up to room temperature which takes about a half hour. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and sprinkle lightly with thyme. 
  2. In a skillet large enough to accommodate all the chops with about a half inch apart, heat the olive oil until shimmering. 
  3. Add the lamb chops and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until the chops develop a rich, brown crust on the bottom, 4 to 6 minutes (if you're using thicker lamb chops, this could take up to 10 minutes).
  4. Turn the chops and garlic and continue to cook until the chops are browned, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 145°F, 4 to 6 minutes more.
  5. Transfer the chops to plates, leaving the garlic in the skillet and draining all but 2 Tbsps of the fat.  
  6. Add the water, lemon juice, parsley and crushed red pepper to the pan and cook, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom, until sizzling, about 1 minute. Pour the garlic and pan sauce over the lamb chops and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment