There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Untested - Raspberry Liqueur



Only brewing for 3 weeks.
Liqueurs get better with age as the vodka mellows more over time.
Vodka with higher the alcohol content will do a better job of extracting the most from whatever fruit or citrus you use.
Yield: 4 cups
24 oz of fresh or frozen raspberries
3 1/2 cups vodka
1 cup of sugar

  1. Pour raspberries into a large jar and cover with sugar. Pour in vodka and close with lid.
  2. Shake several times the first day until all the sugar has dissolved.
  3. Store in a cool, dark place for a minimum of one month (I recommend 6 weeks, longer is fine too). Shake every day or two.
  4. When the liqueur is ready to be bottled, line a strainer with a couple of layers of cheesecloth, preferably butter muslin (finer than cheesecloth) and place it over a large pot or bowl. Pour the liquor over the cheesecloth slowly letting the liquid drain while the strainer catches the solids. Repeat if necessary.
  5. When ready, store in bottles. I like to keep one in the fridge for an icy after dinner drink!

I have made a raspberry liqueur (about 6 wks ago)…..essentially the same recipe as yours…..BUT….according to an old recipe I had, I made it with Canadian whiskey instead of vodka. It’s still In the “brewing” stage.

http://spikedsweetshoppe.com/2013/11/02/contest-a-call-for-home-made-chambord-recipes/

No comments:

Post a Comment