There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Baby Potato Salad - Testing

1 - I wonder where this came from? It's pretty good, though. I didn't halve the potatoes, I just dumped all the ingredients in the blender and I also just dumped the vinaigrette all on the potatoes in one go and served it in a bowl for people to take what they wanted. It worked well.

1-3/4 lb. small red potatoes, scrubbed
1/2 cup packed basil leaves
1 small clove garlic
3 Tbs. red-wine vinegar
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup canola oil
  1. Boil or steam the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. 
  2. In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. With the machine running, gradually add the oil until completely incorporated. 
  3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve or quarter them, depending on their size. Put them in a serving bowl and drizzle with about 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette. Serve warm, with extra vinaigrette on the side, if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment