There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Radish Raita - Test 2


1 - For this first try, I did not have lime to zest so it's the only the actual yogurt mix that I'm testing.
2 - I again didn't make the topping, but the raita was very good. Older, spongy radishes are just as good.

1½ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
1 cup (4.5oz/125g) red radishes, grated or thinly sliced
pinch cayenne powder
½ tsp cumin powder 
1 fresh chilli, finely chopped
2 Tbsps packed cilantro or dill leaves, chopped
½ tsp salt, to taste
OPTIONAL TOPPING
2 Tbsps vegetable oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp mustard seeds
2 to 3 whole dry red chilies
1 tsp lime rind
  1. Whisk the yogurt in a bowl until smooth. 
  2. Add the radishes, cayenne, cumin, chilli and herb and salt and whisk well. 
  3. Check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste. 
  4. Serve chilled.
FOR THE TOPPING
  1. Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
  2. Once the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chilies, and curry leaves, and let them crackle for 4-5 seconds.
  3. Pour the tempering over the raita. 
  4. Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment