There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Cheesecake de Francine - Untested

Base :
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup ground almonds (almond meal)
1/4 cup caster sugar
90 g of butter, chopped up
  1. Put all the ingredients in a bowl. 
  2. Rub it through with your fingers so butter it is not melted. 
  3. When done it should look like fine bread crumbs.
  4. Line the bottom of a 20cm spring form pan with parchment paper. 
  5. Level the mixture in the bottom and press down with a soup spoon until it is even and flat.  
  6. Heat the oven to 150C/300F and cook for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
Mixture : 
475g fresh ricotta 
355g cream cheese, cubed 
1 and 1/3 cups caster sugar
4 eggs
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp of finely grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 Tbsp water mixed with 1 and 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
  1. Preheat the oven to 150C/300F.
  2. Process everything together.  It should be the consistency of thick cream. A food processor is good for this. 
  3. After it has cooled, lightly butter the sides of the spring form pan.  
  4. Pour the mixture into the pan.  
  5. Lightly tap pan on counter to remove bubbles.  Remove remaining bubbles by gently rubbing spoon over top of mixture.  
  6. Bake for 1 hour.  Turn oven off and leave the cake in for another hour.
  7. Put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before removing from the pan.
  8. You can serve with berries on the side or make a coulis to sprinkle around or over fruits on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment