There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, March 12, 2021

Chocolate Paté - Untested


8 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup icing sugar
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup whipping cream
Fig Topping:
3/4 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup orange liqueur
3 Tbsps orange juice concentrate
4 fresh green figs quartered
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
16 fresh raspberries

  1. Line 5-3/4-x 3-1/4-inch (625 mL) loaf pan with plastic wrap; set aside.
  2. In saucepan, melt together chocolate, butter and sugar over medium-low heat until smooth. Whisk in egg yolks, one at a time; cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until thickened and glossy. Transfer to large bowl; let cool to room temperature.
  3. In separate bowl, whip cream; fold one-quarter into chocolate. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into prepared loaf pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or until firm. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 2 days.) To unmould, gently pull on plastic wrap to loosen top edge of pate from pan; unmould onto cutting board. Cut into 8 slices.
  4. Fig Topping: Meanwhile, in saucepan, bring sugar, water, orange liqueur and orange juice concentrate to boil; boil for 5 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes to cool slightly. Stir in figs and lemon juice. Spoon onto 8 dessert plates; top with slice of pate. Sprinkle plate with raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment