There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Pasta With Basil, Parsley And Lime - Testing


1 - Another good recipe, and I'd like to add hot pepper flakes to it to see.
2 - Good again, but I'd like to figure out how much salt. I mean, adding salt is fine, but I'd like to get closer to the actual amount that makes the flavors start to pop. I also want to know if there is a name in Italian for these kinds of noodles-in-oil type dishes.

4 garlic cloves, chopped
A pinch of red pepper flakes
4 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1lb spaghettini
12 oz macaroni, elbow
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 lime, juiced and rind grated
salt and pepper to taste
  1. Bring the water to boil. 
  2. Add the pasta. While the pasta cooks, everything else can get prepared.
  3. Heat the garlic and red pepper flakes in the olive oil until golden, then remove from the heat and add the basil.
  4. The basil should wilt in the hot oil and go bright green and glossy.
  5. Cook the pasta until al dente then drain.
  6. Toss with the garlic, basil mixture.
  7. Add the fresh parsley, grated lime and the lime juice.
  8. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment