There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Porridge Pankcakes - Untested


0 - I did make leftover porridge pancakes but didn't use this recipe. The other recipe was fine but I found the pancakes too dense. Ben quite liked them.

150g cold leftover porridge
1 1/4 cup flour
3 1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup apple sauce 1 ripe banana, mashed
2 large eggs
1/3 cup 100ml milk
2 tsp oil
fruit, yogurt and maple syrup or honey, to serve
  1. Mix the porridge, flour, baking powder, apple, eggs and milk in a bowl. 
  2. Heat the oil in a frying pan. 
  3. Drop 2-3 tbsp of the porridge mixture into the pan and cook over a medium heat until the underside is golden and bubbles are popping on the surface.
  4. Flip over and cook for another few mins until cooked through, then keep warm in a low oven and repeat until you’ve used up all the batter. 
  5. Serve with the fruit and yogurt and top with a drizzle of the syrup or honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment