There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Untested - Almond Shortbread

http://www.elle.fr/Elle-a-Table/Recettes-de-cuisine/Biscuits-sables-amandes-ou-noisettes-2035924

Biscuits sablés amandes

200 g de farine
90 g de sucre
60 g d'amandes ou de noisettes en poudre
1 pincée de sel
130 g de beurre
1 jaune d'oeuf
1 cuillère à soupe d'eau

1. Mélangez 200 g de farine avec 90 g de sucre, 60 g d’amandes ou de noisettes en poudre et 1 pincée de sel.
2. Ajoutez 130 g de beurre (à température ambiante) en petits morceaux. Mélangez pour obtenir une masse sableuse sans trop travailler.
3. Ajoutez 1 jaune d’oeuf et pétrissez rapidement.
4. Formez une boule et réservez au frais 3 h minimum.
5. Abaissez la pâte sur l’épaisseur voulue sur le plan de travail fariné et découpez des formes à l’emporte-pièces.
6. Dorez au jaune d’oeuf délayé dans 1 c. à soupe d’eau.
7. Faites cuire sur une tôle recouverte de papier sulfurisé dans le four préchauffé à th. 6/180°.
8. Laissez refroidir sur une grille, puis conservez dans des boîtes ou bocaux hermétiques.

MY VERSION

1 1/2 cups arrowroot flour
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup of almond flour
a pinch of salt
Generous 1/2 cup butter (can substitute with coconut oil but it must be solid and the consistency of butter to work)
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp water
  1. Combine flours, sugar and salt together.
  2. Cube the butter and quickly mix into the dry ingredients until the mixture is coarsely granular.
  3. Add the egg yolk and quickly knead.
  4. Form into a thick disc and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours, preferably overnight.
  5. Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes - traditional shortbread triangles, rectangles, or use cookie cutters.
  6. Whisk the egg yolk with the water and use this to brush the cookies.
  7. Bake on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet in 350F oven for ??? minutes.
  8. Allow to cool completely before storing.

No comments:

Post a Comment