There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Baked Italian Sausage and Potatoes - PUBLISHED

http://www.carriesexperimentalkitchen.com/roasted-italian-sausage-potato-bake/

2 - This continues to be delicious.
3 - One more time and it's good for the books!
4 - Hang on little tomato! I switched things up a bit to increase the remaining liquid, which worked. It's still not very saucy but it has more moisture.
5 - Tried it sans garlic and rosemary. It would be fine in a pinch but not nearly as good.

14 Italian sausages (sweet or hot), squeezed out of their casings and divided into quarters
3 10 medium old potatoes, quartered (peel if you feel like it)
1 2 garlic clove, minced
2 tsps 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
2 3 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsps olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste as desired
1/2 cup water
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Whisk together in a large bowl the vinegar, oil, rosemary and garlic.
  3. Throw in the potato and sausage and stir until well covered in the marinade.
  4. Place mixture into a 13x9 inch glass baking pan to a baking sheet (line with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup) and bake for 30 minutes, then turning and bake another 15, until sausage and potatoes are cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment