There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Testing - Spicy zucchini and tomato sauce

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/capellini-with-spicy-zucchini-tomato-sauce-recipe.html

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 28 -ounce can whole San Marzano tomatoes
Kosher salt
1 medium zucchini, cut into small chunks
1/2 pound capellini spaghetti
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Grated parmesan cheese, for topping

  1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. 
  2. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is just golden, about 1 minute. 
  3. Add the zucchini and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. 
  4. Crush the tomatoes into the skillet with your hands and add the juice. 
  5. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Season with salt.
  6. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the capellini and cook as the label directs. Drain and add to the sauce along with the basil; toss to coat. 
  7. Top with parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment