There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, September 16, 2016

PUBLISHED - Pasta with creamy pear sauce

1 - this was a hit! My one mistake was not toasting the walnuts. And I believe I'd rather sprinkle them on just before adding the parmesan garnish at the end.
2 - I made this for a group of 14 people, and they loved it. I served it with toasted pine nuts for lack of walnuts.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/linguine-with-pears-and-gorgonzola-cheese-4297

1/4 cup butter
4 pears (2 lbs), peeled, cored,sliced 1/3 inch thick
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
4 oz Cambozola cheese, cubed
1/2 + 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 pound pasta, freshly cooked
OPTIONAL 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pinenuts, toasted
  1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pears and sauté until tender and beginning to brown but not soft, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
  2. Add rosemary to the skillet and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the broth, Cambozola cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and cream. Simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of spoon, about 6 minutes. Return the pears and any accumulated juices to the sauce. 
  3. Bring a pot of salted water to a rapid boil and cook the pasta.
  4. Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a skillet, over medium-high heat.
  5. When pasta is cooked, turn on the heat under the sauce, dump the pasta into the sauce and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. 
  6. Before serving, garnish with the walnuts and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment