There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Fresh Zucchini with Pasta - Testing

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/233454/fresh-zucchini-pasta-sauce/

1 - It is such a simple recipe that a few tweaks made it quite good. With the addition of grated parmesan cheese, the flavor and texture improved very much. A good dish but not necessarily quick since the zucchini needs to sit for an hour. But definitely low effort.
2 - Briefly cooking the garlic worked just fine. I added the cheese in with the zucchini and it made it clump when the mix hit the hot pasta.

2 zucchini, grated
2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
2 Tbsps. olive oil
salt to taste
12 oz spaghettini pasta
1 to 2 oz grated parmesan cheese
  1. In a large bowl stir together the zucchini, olive oil and salt. Set aside for flavors to blend, about 1 hour.
  2. OPTIONS - you can mix the raw garlic in with the zucchini for the hour if you want a bright garlic flavor OR set the garlic aside and once the pasta is cooked proceed to step 4.
  3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until al dente. Drain and add to the zucchini mixture. 
  4. Toss to combine and slightly cook the zucchini.
  5. OR once the pasta has drained, add a little oil to the pot the pasta was cooked in and cook the garlic for about a minute over medium heat or just until the sharp aroma mellows, then immediately remove the pot from the heat and put in the zucchini and pasta to combine.
  6. Toss with the cheese until combined and serve immediately with grated black pepper on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment