There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Baked Gruyere and Sausage Omelet - PUBLISHED

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/baked-gruyere-and-sausage-omelet-recipe/

2 - I used 1lb of sausage and finally used the parsley. The quantity of sausage meat can be optional, it appears, and parsley really does finish the dish.
3 - Simple and quick, it also would do well with a vegetable side dish.
1 - Probably this should be called a frittata? Anyway, it's too salty, so I reduced the salt by 1/4. I also used lovage instead of parsley, which was lovely.

Butter, for greasing baking dish
2 Tbsps olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1/2 to 1lb pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
8 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 + 1/2 cup (4 ounces) grated Gruyere cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional: + 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top) OR lovage
  1. Preheat the oven to 425F. Lightly butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
  2. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the sausage and cook until starting to brown. Set aside to cool.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of Gruyere cheese and 1/4 cup of parsley. Stir in the onion mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
  4. Sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment