There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, March 17, 2017

Untested - Nettle Pesto

https://kelliesfoodtoglow.com/2015/05/12/3-easy-wild-garlic-recipes-pizza-pasta-pesto/

? garlic or ? garlic scapes
2 oz nettles
2 oz parmesan of choice, fine grate
2.5 oz walnuts or pine nuts
Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
Salt and pepper, to taste
3.5 fl. oz extra virgin olive oil

  1. First, blanch the nettles - Bring a pot of water to full boil. Have a bowl or sink full of ice water ready. Dunk the nettles in the boiling water for 30 seconds - remove and immediately dunk in the ice water. Put on cloth, fold over and press to remove extra water.
  2. Put everything in a blender except for the oil and the lemon.
  3. Turn on the blender and slowly drizzle in the oil, stopping to scrape the sides every so often. 
  4. Blend until you get your desired consistency - rough chop or smooth paste.
  5. Mix in by hand the lemon juice and rind. 
  6. Pop the stuff into a sterilised jar or into bags for the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment