There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, December 20, 2019

Cranberry Ginger Cookies - Untested

https://www.marieclaire.fr/cuisine/cookies-de-noel-aux-cranberries-et-au-gingembre,1206274.asp

3/8 of a cup (or 75 g by weight) of sugar
3/8 of a cup (or 75 g by weight) of brown sugar
1 cup + 1 Tbsp of room temperature butter
1/3 cup milk
1 large egg
2 1/4  cups (or 275 g by weight) of flour
1/2 tsp dry active yeast
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
2/3 of a cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup candied ginger, finely chopped

  1. In a large bowl combine the sugars and the butter until uniform. Add the milk and the egg and beat until you obtain a smooth and consistent batter.
  2. Add the flour, yeast, baking soda and powdered ginger and until thoroughly combined.
  3. Stir in the cranberries, pecans and candied ginger.
  4. Form into a disk, wrap and put in the refrigerator to rest for 1 hour and up to 72 hours.
  5. When ready to bake, pre-heat the oven to 375F.
  6. Divide the dough evenly into 42 balls and place on parchment-paper-lined cookie sheets allowing for 1" between each ball of dough.
  7. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies lightly brown. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before storing.

No comments:

Post a Comment