There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Friday, September 3, 2021

Morning Pak Choy Eggs - Test 1


1 - This was quite nice. Served over Indian Rice. However, the serving suggestions are totally wrong. SUPER quick to make.
2 - Had it with bread instead of rice. It was fine, but rice is better.

Per Person

2 bok choy
2 eggs
1/2 inch fresh ginger, cut into small julienne strips
2 tbsp + chicken stock
1 salt to taste
1 pepper to taste
Mild vegetable oil
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil (optional)
  1. Wash the bok choy well, and slice into 1/2" strips, including stems.
  2. Beat the eggs, add a small amount of salt, pour into a frying pan with heated oil, and stir. Remove from the pan while they are still halfway cooked.
  3. Add a little bit more oil into the same pan to fry the ginger. When fragrant, add the bok choy, and stir-fry over medium heat.
  4. When the boy choy is coated with the oil, add the chicken stock, cover with a lid, and steam-fry for about 1 minute.
  5. Remove the lid. Return the eggs to the pan and mix quickly. Taste it and adjust the flavour with salt and pepper. Plate over rice and drizzle with the sesame oil if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment