There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Grilled Zucchini Tomato Parmesan Pasta - Untested

https://www.laaloosh.com/2012/07/02/grilled-zucchini-tomato-parmesan-pasta-recipe/

8 ounces whole wheat pasta Ronzoni Smart Taste
4 small zucchini - cut into thin strips (about 2-3” long and 1“ wide)
4 garlic cloves - minced
3 Roma tomatoes - sliced
½ a small red onion - chopped
½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Juice from one lemon
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
 
  1. Preheat grill to high heat.
  2. Lightly mist tomato and zucchini slices with an olive oil mister, sprinkle with salt and pepper and brush with the minced garlic. Place veggies on the grill, and cook until grill lines form (about 2 minutes per side), and then set aside.
  3. Prepare pasta according to package directions, and reserve some of the cooking water.
  4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, Parmesan, onions, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
  5. Transfer the pasta mixture to the yogurt mixture, and toss to combine.
  6. Add the reserved pasta cooking water a tablespoon at a time, if necessary, to thin it. Gently toss in the grilled zucchini and tomatoes, and combine.
  7. Divide evenly among four bowls and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment