There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Butternut Risotto - Untested


1 butternut squash
300g Risotto rice (Arborio)
15g Sage
3/4 cups white wine
2 tbsp garlic-infused oil
50 g Parmesan
2 Tbsps olive oil (garlic infused?)
4 cups vegetable stock 
  1. Preheat your oven 400F.  
  2. Peel and dice the butternut squash and spread out on an oven tray. Drizzle with garlic-infused oil, finely chopped sage and season well. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until it softens. 
  3. While the butternut squash roasts, fry the butter in a large pan with the finely chopped red chilli (optional). Add the risotto rice and wine and simmer on a low heat, stirring regularly. 
  4. Once the wine has evaporated, add the stock one ladle at a time. Stir the rice until the stock has been used up over a period of 20-25 minutes. 
  5. Once the squash is cooked, mash half of it into a puree and stir into the risotto with the sage and parmesan (add the cooked pancetta at this point if you wish).
  6. Scatter with the remaining butternut squash cubes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment