There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Rosemary Corn Pudding - Testing


1 - The first attempt wasn't great. The cornmeal was finer than I usually get (I hope I can find more like what I used to get) and I don't think it was fully cooked. I was hoping for creamy like the Cheesy Grits. I'll keep the recipe and try it again and see if just being more careful with timing can help.

2 c. cornmeal
2 Tbs. ghee (or clarified butter)
2 tsp. diced fresh rosemary leaves or 1 tsp. dried rosemary powder
1 tsp. crushed peppercorns
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. salt
6 c. water
paprika, as garnish
  1. In a dry skillet, roast the cornmeal over medium-low heat until it is fragrant. Pour into a bowl.
  2. Now add the ghee and rosemary to the pan and heat on low until the rosemary smells fragrant. Then add the peppercorns, cumin, and salt. A minute later, add the cornmeal and stir it into the ghee mixture. Sauté on low heat for 5 minutes.
  3. Then add the water, 1⁄4 cup at a time, while stirring the mixture into a smooth consistency. Cook on medium-low, covered, for another 15 minutes.
  4. Garnish each serving with a sprinkle of paprika. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment