There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, April 24, 2023

Butternut Squash Pasta - Testing


The way this recipe is written confuses me, so I'm going to first try to reorganize it to make it more 'me' friendly.

1 small butternut squash (2-3lbs), peeled and diced
2 Tbsps green onions, minced
about 3 Tbsps olive oil 
salt pepper, for taste
1/4 cup fresh sage, minced & save 4 whole sage leaves
2 Tbsps pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 lb pasta
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Toss the squash, green onions, a drizzle of oil (about 1 Tbsp), salt & pepper along with the minced sage.
  3. Spread the seasoned squash on a large baking sheet and put in the oven for 40 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven and set aside.
  4. Put a large pot of salted water on to boil and cook the pasta.
  5. While the pasta is cooking, toast the pumpkin seeds in a large skillet (you'll be using it again) on medium-high heat until they start to pop and slightly brown. Remove and set aside.
  6. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and reheat the same large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsps of oil and once oil is heated add the remaining whole sage leaves to crisp - this takes about 30 seconds. Remove sage from the pan.
  7. Divide all the ingredients into two batches and cook in the hot oil, stirring frequently, until the pasta starts to crisp, about 4 minutes. Add the pumpkin seeds and cook an additional minute. Combine the two batches in a large bowl and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment