There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Marinated Eggs - PUBLISHED

I made this once as part of a picnic I put together for some friends, and they went nuts for it. I made it again for an office potluck and people went wild for it. I think I'm onto something good.
1 - You can halve the recipe for the marinade and still cover 6 eggs, but half (or three quarters) of the pleasure in eating this is the marinade itself! If you want any leftover to plop more eggs in for a second go, make the full recipe. However, don't re-use the marinade too often because the parsley is fresh and will start to go off.
2 - I think this is ready for the main blog. One more test to make sure I can reproduce it!

6 hardboiled eggs
2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 Tbsp tomato paste
1 cup finely chopped parsley
1 head of garlic, peeled and minced
6 anchovies, minced 
  1. Boil the eggs to the hard-boiled stage (see Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs). Allow the to cool completely.
  2. Put the cooled hardboiled eggs in a jar with a lid.
  3. Beat the tomato paste and oil together, then the garlic and anchovies, and finally the parsley. Pour the concoction over the eggs.
  4. Screw on the lid and refrigerate overnight.
  5. Eat the eggs with the oil, preferably with some crusty bread. It's best to let the concoction come up to room temperature if the oil has congealed in the refrigerator overnight, and to let the aroma blossom as it should when you serve it. Excellent with crusty bread.
  6. Best when eaten within 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment