There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Untested - Greek Fillet of Sole

1 lb. sole fillets, cut in half crosswise
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsps fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsps olive oil
1/2 Tbsp butter
  1. Combine half of lemon slices, wine, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish to marinate the fish at room temperature for 30 minutes.
  2. Whisk together the egg, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in another shallow dish. Stir together bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow bowl.
  3. Dip the fish pieces in the egg mixture, letting the excess drip off, then dredge in bread-crumb mixture, shaking off excess. Transfer to a sheet of wax paper, arranging fish in 1 layer.
  4. Heat the oil and butter in a 12-inch skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking (the butter should just stop frothing), then fry 2 pieces of fish, turning over once, until golden and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes total. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in oven. Serve the fish decorated with the remaining lemon slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment