There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Untested - Lemon Sole

Two 4 oz skinless sole or flounder fillets
Salt and black pepper
1/4 cup flour
1 + 3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons water
1 tsp flat-leaf parsley, minced
1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
  1. Preheat a non-stick skillets over medium-low heat for a few minutes.
  2. Meanwhile wash, and completely dry the fillets with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. If the fillets taper down to a very thin tail, fold the tail back to make a more uniformly shaped fillet.
  3. Dredge the fillets in the flour and shake off any excess.
  4. Raise the heat to medium-high and add 1 tablespoon of butter to each skillet. When the butter stops foaming, add fillets to the pan, rounded-side down.
  5. Gently shake the pan occasionally, until the fish is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, flip the fillets with a spatula, and let them finish cooking in the residual heat of the pan, about 2 minutes more. Transfer the fillets to warm plates and keep them warm.
  6. Add the lemon juice and water to the pan. While moving the skillet in a circular motion, gradually add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, until it's melted and a smooth, creamy sauce is formed. Stir in the parsley and thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon some of the sauce over each fillet and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment