There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Untested - Sole Meunière

This seems like the most reasonable base for the recipe.
4 filets of sole, about 4 ounces each
1/2 cup flour
4 + 2 tablespoons butter divided
juice and zest of three lemons
about 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
additional lemon, to serve
Salt and cracked pepper, to taste
  1. Dredge the filets in flour until well-coated.
  2. Heat 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet over a medium flame until the butter begins to foam and brown.
  3. Reduce heat to medium-low, then place the floured filets of sole into the hot butter and fry on each side about two minutes.
  4. Remove the fish from the skillet and plate them.
  5. Heat additional two tablespoons butter in the skillet until melted, then add lemon zest, lemon juice and minced parsley to the skillet whisking together to combine for about one minute.
  6. Pour sauce over the fish, season with salt and pepper and garnish with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment