There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Rejected - Moroccan Chicken Stew

Absolutely ridiculous. What was I thinking? I even started making it and doubting myself the whole time but started anyway. I tried saving it by consulting another recipe, and hopefully succeeded. Unless you're good at adding and making things up on the fly:

Do Not Make This!

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/muscle-foods/Moor-muscle


This makes a lot, and is meant to be enough to use as post-workout meals.


1.5 kg skinless chicken thighs
 2 large courgettes, chopped
 2 tins chickpeas
 2 tins chopped tomatoes
 Large handful chopped coriander
 500ml chicken stock
 Pinch cayenne pepper
 Pinch ground cumin
 Pinch ground cinnamon
 Handful quinoa
  1. 1 Stick some suitably north-African music on the stereo. Place the chicken thighs in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
  2. 2 Add the courgettes and continue cooking, stirring occasionally. Once they’ve browned add the chicken stock. Next put in the chickpeas, tomatoes, cayenne, cumin and cinnamon. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
  3. 3 While it’s cooking, throw a handful of quinoa into a pan, add double the volume in water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until all the water has been absorbed.
  4. 4 Once the chicken is cooked through turn the hob off and season with salt and pepper then add the coriander. You’ve got 5 portions. Serve one over the quinoa, then split the rest into four and freeze for a Moroccan muscle feasts that will keep you refuelled for the rest of the working week.

No comments:

Post a Comment