There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, February 16, 2015

Omelets with beans and salsa - Untested

1 - Used Mama's Cannelini beans instead of black. Had leftover bottled salsa from a farmstay.

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
Juice of one lime
Dash of hot sauce
4 eggs
1/4 cup milk
4 egg whites
Salt and pepper, to taste                                         
4 Tbsps salsa             
  1. Mash the black beans and combine with the lime juice, and hot sauce.
  2. Whisk the eggs with the addition of the salt and pepper until they are frothy.
  3. Pour the eggs into the hot pan; you may want to increase the heat to medium. Sprinkle the chopped herbs over the liquid egg. As the egg cooks, lift the edges and tilt the pan to let uncooked egg get underneath.
  4. With the oven rack in the middle, turn on the broiler to heat up (or use a salamander if you're so lucky to have one).
  5. When the egg has half cooked, spread the bean paste evenly over it. While the egg is still a little under-cooked on the surface, (not just slithery but actually jiggly), slip the pan into the oven to broil
  6. When the egg is set and the edges puff up a little, take it out of the oven and carefully fold the omelette.
  7. Coat a small non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over a medium flame.
  8. Crack one egg and combine in a bowl with egg white, salt, and pepper. Whisk, then add to the pan. Use a spatula to stir, and lift the cooked egg to let the raw egg slide under.
  9. When the eggs have all but set, spoon a quarter of the black bean mixture onto the omelet. Fold over a third of the egg to cover the mixture, then slide the omelet onto a plate, using the spatula to flip it over at the last second to form one fully rolled omelet.
  10. Top with salsa and avocado. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/12-zero-belly-recipes?page=2#sthash.QDgmlT6w.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment