There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Soda Bread - PUBLISHED

http://www.food.com/recipe/irish-rosies-irish-soda-bread-20616?ftab=reviews#activity-feed

1 - This is delicious, but I switched the order of a few ingredients. Also, when I first made it, it wasn't quite baked in the middle so could use a bit more time in the oven... but how much?
2 - Holy smokes I made thus for a St. Patrick's dinner and got loads of compliments for the next couple of days!
3 - I've made this a couple times more, with cheese, without, but always with carraway. I'm changing things to make that more clear - caraway always, cheese when you want it.

3 1⁄2 cups flour
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
2 tsps. baking powder
2 tsps. salt
2 Tbsps. caraway seeds
2 cups sour cream or yogurt 3.5%
2 eggs
Optional : 
1cup (2.5oz) sharp cheddar
3⁄4 cup raisins
  1. Preheated the oven to 350ºF.
  2. Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
  3. In a small bowl beat eggs and stir in sour cream.
  4. Add the egg mixture optional ingredients, if using, to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon.
  5. Batter will be very thick and sticky.
  6. Place batter in a greased 9 inch spring form pan.
  7. If you find the dough too sticky, you can dust the top with enough flour so that you can pat the batter like a bread dough evenly in the pan without it sticking to your hands.
  8. With a knife make a shallow crisscross on the top.
  9. Bake for 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment