There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Roast Cumin-scented Cabbage - Testing

I - I used a small cabbage and it charred on both sides. Ben liked it, I thought it was too much. Same for the spicing - too much for the quantity of cabbage I had. I need to quantify how much cabbage so there's a ratio. 

2 Tbsps vegetable oil
1 head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges (how many oz?)
1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
1 tsp cumin seeds
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 lemon
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Brush both sides of the wedges with the oil.
  3. Mix together the pepper flakes, cumin seeds, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the wedges, both sides.
  4. Cover wedges with foil and roast 45 minutes; remove foil and roast an additional 10 minutes or until golden and fork tender. 
  5. Squeeze lemon juice over all and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment