There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Zucchini Sabzi - Test 2

https://www.indianveggiedelight.com/zucchini-sabzi-zucchini-stir-fry/#recipe

1 - I made this just once with all sorts of little changes, and it looks like it worked well.
2 - The second try was successful and good. Served it with the radish leaf curry.

2 tsps. mild oil
½ tsp cumin seeds
2 green chillies finely chopped or 1 good pinch red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp ginger, finely grated
1 Tbsp garlic, finely grated
⅛ tsp asafoetida (hing) optional
1 medium onion (6oz/170gr) finely chopped
2 medium zucchini cut into ½ inch pieces (about 20oz)
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
Juice from 1 lemon 1 teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder) (OR lemon juice)
2 Tbsps coriander leaves (cilantro)
  1. Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cumin seeds to toast.
  2. When cumin is fragrant add the ginger and the garlic, the chillies and asafoetida. Saute for 30 seconds till the raw smell of ginger and garlic disappears.
  3. Add the onion and cook until they soften.
  4. Add the chopped zucchini, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix everything well.
  5. Cover and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, till fork tender. Stir in between. Zucchini contains 95% of water so you may not need to add extra water while cooking, but use your judgment to avoid scorching the spices.
  6. Once the zucchini is cooked add the lemon juice and coriander leaves.
  7. Mix well and serve with roti, paratha, or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment