There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Pizza with Hummus - Testing


1 - The pizza I made had more than 4 servings. Generally, I feel like the quantity of toppings was fine, but not the amount of hummus - it sort of dried up and disappeared on the pizza, so I had more on the side to add on top, which worked fine. So that might be the right thing to do, but I was to try doubling the amount of hummus. Oh and I didn't have mushrooms and didn't substitute.
2 - Using this dough, I make 2 pizzas to fit the pizza scoop thing. So that means I split all the ingredients listed. And they should go on in the order indicated. But a fun meal to make and to have.

4 servings
40 minutes (if everything is prepared)

1 cup Hummus
16-20 (320 to 400g/12 to 14oz) mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, cut into rings
1 cup black olives
1 cup artichoke hearts in oil, roughly chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
4 tsps. dried oregano
red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
2 handfuls fresh spinach (optional)
  1. Preheat the oven to 500°F.
  2. Evenly spread the pizzas with the hummus and top with the pizza toppings. 
  3. Sprinkle with the oregano and red pepper flakes. 
  4. Reduce the temperature to 425°F and bake for about 20 minutes or until the toppings are bubbling and starting to brown.
  5. Let cool on rack or perforated pizza pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment