There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Monday, April 1, 2024

At the rugnon trifulà - Untested

https://blog.giallozafferano.it/cuocotato/al-rugnon-trifula/

3 kidneys (pork)
water to taste
to taste Vinegar
to taste Oil
to taste Parsley
1 clove Garlic
1/2 glass White wine
  1. Cut the kidneys lengthwise so as to obtain two equal halves and then proceed to remove the whitish part with a sharp knife to obtain the result as in the photo. Slice rather thinly, rinse thoroughly and then marinate in water acidulated with vinegar for a couple of hours in the refrigerator. Remove from the fridge, throw away the water and put in the microwave for 1 minute and 1/2, throw away the water mixed with blood that will have formed. Repeat the operation two or three more times: at this point the kidney should be purged and then you can proceed with the actual cooking. Put chopped garlic and parsley with oil and butter in the pan, heat it up, add the kidneys, sauté them quickly, add salt, sprinkle with white wine, blend with high heat, leave for a few more minutes and it's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment