There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Terrine de foie de porc - Untested


500 grams pork liver
500g pork loin
500g lard or fatty bacon (1kg lard de porc/200g jambon ou lard gras)
1/4 cup brandy (option 1 Tbsp ea. Armagnac, red port wine)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp quatre-epices (2 pincées/1 cuillère à soupe rase)
1/4 tsp (to a pinch) nutmeg
15g salt
1g pepper
Thyme?
1 caul (optional)
  1. Grind or finely chop the meat. (Could I just put everything in a food processor and blend? It would be good to figure out how to do it by hand too, though.)
  2. Mix all the ingredients together (except for the caul if using).
  3. If using a caul, line a (?x?) baking dish or terrine dish. Fill with the meat mixture and wrap the caul over the mixture. 
  4. Preheat the oven to 425F. Bake in a bain-marie for 1½ hours.
On peut également mettre ce confit en bocaux. La cuisson pour le stériliser sera de 3 heures.

No comments:

Post a Comment