There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Squash Soup - Untested


0 - I wonder if I can apply this to other successful squash soup recipes I have that require curry powder?

2-3 lbs squash (suggested delica moretti which looks like a buttercup type, but any squash or pumpkin with a little sweetness) 
1 1/3cups milk
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground fenugreek seeds
? tsp salt 
? tsp pepper
  1. Very carefully toast the fenugreek seeds in a dry pan until they just start to brown, allow to cool then grind in a mortar and pestle.
  2. Preheat the oven to 350F.
  3. Cut open your squash and scoop out the innards as if you were making a Jack-o-lantern. Place it in a high-sided baking dish in case the milk leaks out.
  4. Pour in the milk, spices and seasoning.
  5. Put the cap back on and bake for 45-50 minutes.
  6. Check that the squash flesh is soft enough to easily scoop out with a spoon. If it isn't, leave in the oven a bit longer.
  7. Pour out into a blender any milk left over from the baking and as much of the flesh as you can scoop out and purée. Add more milk or cream if you want the soup to be thinner.
  8. Reheat to your desired temperature to serve.
et pour finir de compléter ce délicat potage je vous donne en prime la recette de mes tartines de compotée d'oignons jaune au gouda (jaune) , pour une symphonie aux couleurs du soleil ^^  (de quoi bien éclairer la grisaille parisienne ;) )
- 1/4 de baguette par personne
- 1 oignon par personne
- 5 cl d'huile
- sel et poivre du moulin
- 50 grammes de gouda râpé.
Servez bien chaud , accompagné ou non de tartines à la compotée d'oignons gratinées au gouda : 
Coupez la baguette en deux , émincez les oignons et faites les cuire doucement dans une sauteuse avec l'huile , salez et poivrez , étalez en une couche généreuse sur le pain , râpez le gouda , disposez le gouda râpé sur le pain , enfournez le tout dans le four encore chaud jusqu'à ce que le fromage soit bien doré.

No comments:

Post a Comment