There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Sunday, March 6, 2022

One Pot Garlic Pasta - PUBLISHED

 https://damndelicious.net/2014/10/11/one-pot-garlic-parmesan-pasta/

1 - As promised, really quick and simple and only uses one pot. And quite good! I caramelized the garlic and it was probably too much. I also didn't have parsley, which will make a big difference when I have some.
2 - Made it with 2 cloves of garlic at 7gr total and that seems about right. But I'm not changing the status from Testing because I tried making 12oz of pasta to the same quantity of sauce and it was too dry.
3 - Measuring the garlic by weight is the ideal. And I do like it best when the garlic has just started to go blond. It's also that it's when the butter browns.
4 - I very easily doubled the recipe. I didn't need to increase the butter since it was just enough to brown the garlic anyway.

2 Tbsps butter
2 cloves garlic (7-8gr), minced 
2 cups mild broth such as chicken 
1 cup milk, or more, as needed
8 oz uncooked fettuccine or spaghetti
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated, + 1 oz for garnishing
2 Tbsps fresh parsley leaves, chopped 
  1. Have your broth at the ready to stop the browning of the garlic.
  2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Just as the butter melts, put in the garlic. This next part is really quick, just a minute or so. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and just starting to lightly brown.
  3. Immediately stir in the broth, milk and pasta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  4. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, stirring frequently, until the pasta is cooked through, about 18-20 minutes. 
  5. Stir in the Parmesan. 
  6. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed until the desired consistency is obtained.
  7. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment