There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Untested - Winter Squash Cheesecake

http://homestead-honey.com/2015/10/19/winter-squash-cheesecake-recipe/

CRUST

2 1/2 cups gingersnap cookies or graham crackers
2-3 TBSP butter or coconut oil, melted

FILLING

2 cups winter squash puree
2 cups soft cow cheese (like a fromage blanc, or sub in chevre, or half ricotta and half cream cheese)
3/4 cup honey sorghum (or your sweetener of choice. If using honey, start with 2/3 cups and taste for sweetness)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground clove
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3 eggs

  1. Preheat oven to 300F.
  2. Crush gingersnap cookies (you can use a food processor or a paper bag and rolling pin)
  3. Combine with butter, and press firmly into the bottom of a 9″ springform pan.
  4. Blend all filling ingredients (except the eggs) until smooth and creamy in consistency. Taste the filling and adjust the sweet and spiciness.
  5. Add the eggs and blend until the entire mixture is uniform and creamy.
  6. Pour filling mixture into the springform pan.
  7. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until set.
  8. Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack and let cool completely for at least 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment